ABC Wednesday Letter "I"

Wednesday, March 19, 2008







The letter "I" stands for incredible and inspirational. Both words capture my last two days. I just got back from a two day whirlwind trip to Mexico to visit with our high school and college group from our church. Every year our church sends our high school and college group to the Mexicali region of Mexico and this year we sent over 800 students. The students are impacting lives of the people in this region in amazing ways. This week the students will build 15 homes, 2 chapel churches, rehab 15 more homes and hold 23 vacation bible school camps through out the region.






A small group of us (4) from the church flew down on Monday morning as part of an encouragement team for the students. I really think they encouraged us more than we encouraged them. We visited many of the home building sites and camps sites during our short two days. All I can say is it was both incredible and inspirational.

15 comments:

Mrs. Me said...

How exciting to be a part of that!

photowannabe said...

800 teenagers...what an amazing way to see lives changed. Good INSPIRATION.

Lilli & Nevada said...

That is very inspiring, wow 800 teenagers that in itself is amazing

imac said...

Great take on I post.

late but now mine is up.

Katney said...

Such is always a wonderful experience for both young and older. I have had the opportunity to participate in a month's mission to India, and my son recently visited El Salvador with members of his parish. Getting involved is so much more improtant than just "throwing money at" a problem.

Janet said...

Very inspiring.

Andrea said...

That would be exciting to be a part of that group.

Unknown said...

Great "I" post!

FO - 2 said...

I`s with meaning! :)

mrsnesbitt said...

Great approach to I!

DeeMom said...

WOW thsi is so awesome

dot said...

What a great group of kids!

Dragonstar said...

Excellent story, and a wonderful experience for those involved.

AVCr8teur said...

How wonderful to have young people exposed to another culture and help other people. I applaud you and the students on such an endeavor!

mrsnesbitt said...

Please could you put a link back to my blog. I would appeciate it. Thank You.